FRIDAY FUN FACTS
It’s Friday…which means it is time to take a long, deep breath and find all the strength we have inside ourselves, just to make it through the last hours of the work week! To help things along, I thought reading some fun facts would help the time pass more quickly.
TGIF everyone and enjoy the weekend!
- A hummingbird weighs less than a penny.
- The electric chair was invented by a dentist.
- The Eiffel Tower shrinks 6 inches in winter.
- Maine is the only state whose name is just one syllable.
- Bullet proof vests, fire escapes, windshield wipers and laser printers were all invented by women.
- If you stretch a standard Slinky out flat it measures 87 feet long.
- A language becomes extinct in this world every two weeks.
- Barbie’s full name is Barbara Millicent Roberts.
- Intelligent people have more zinc and copper in their hair
- Americans on the average eat 18 acres of pizza every day.
- It takes approximately 6 months to build a Rolls Royce… and 13 days to build a Toyota.
- The first couple to be shown in bed together on prime time TV was Fred and Wilma Flintstone.
- Like fingerprints, everyone’s tongue print is different.
- Charlie Brown’s father was a barber.
- 12 newborns will be given to the wrong parents daily.
- Montpelier, Vermont is the only US state capital without a McDonald’s.
- You burn more calories sleeping than you do watching TV.
- Owls are the only birds that can see the color blue.
- Peanuts are used in the production of dynamite.
- Bob Dylan’s real name is Robert Zimmerman.
- Leonardo De Vinci invented the scissors.
- Tigers have striped skin, not just striped fur.
- Charlie Chaplin once won third prize in a Charlie Chaplin look-alike contest.
- Butterflies taste with their feet.
- John Lennon had a strong affection for cats, actually having owned as many as six at a time.